My second Hot Patterns Superfantasic Shirt is now complete. I started the second one in a rayon challis (that feels delicious) and sadly the front was terribly off grain. I managed to get a second piece and salvage the collar, cuffs, sleeves from the first shirt. I just needed to cut out a new front, yoke, collar stands and interfacing. The collar stand application was making me crazy. I finally fudged it by hand-sewing the stand facing down. The side seams were sewn and finished on the Babylock Evolve and the hem is sewn with the CoverStitch on the Evolve.
The buttonholes are so easy to do on the Bernina 830E and it’s kind of cool that I can sew on the buttons by machine also. Most zig-zag machines will sew on buttons if you’re able to drop the feed dogs. I was playing with the 50′s Rocketeer and was able to sew buttons with that also. (Love those old machines, but that is another post)
I was reading a post Carolyn from Diary of a Sewing Fanatic and she wrote how she seemed to make the same dress over and over. That really made me think and suddenly I remembered how in 2003, I made almost the exact same shirt in the exact same fabric!
A trip to the storage unit revealed all kinds of goodies. I found more of my fabric stash and brought home a bunch of older sewing books and older Burda Mags I’d been looking for.
This is Sandra Betzina’s Today’s Fit V 1291. I found some beautiful lavender floral georgette in my stash that this will be perfect for. In the directions, Sandra recommends making in a knit first to get an accurate fit. I have a blue/white floral with will also be perfect. This is my next project.. But first..
I plan to make a simple tank from PatternMaster Boutique 5 just in case we get a real summer here!